Monday, September 24, 2012

Breckenridge Biscuits





I just can't stop with the comfort food.  This time, it's buttermilk biscuits.  I came across Pie in the Sky at the library and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for high altitude baking recipes.  (Since I'm 10 minutes outside the Mile High City, I used the 5,000 ft. chart. ) This was the first batch of biscuits I've made here that were edible and not like hockey pucks!  Thank you, author Susan G. Purdy!  I recommend baking the biscuits close together, it seems to help them rise more.  And a nifty tip: if you don't happen to have buttermilk on hand, use cow's milk/soy milk/ or almond milk and just add a tablespoon of vinegar.  Voila!

Baked chicken and biscuits, with green beans and gravy for the meat eater.


Baked tofu, biscuits, meatless gravy and beans, por moi.


No comments:

Post a Comment