Monday, June 24, 2013

2 Things Challenge: Dry/Boom

The dry high desert wind has helped the flames to demolish whole tracts of land in Colorado so far this year.  And it's only the third day of summer.  These images are from Douglas County.



(I know I posted sunset photos last week, but) I never get tired of cloud watching here.  We've had some great storms come through the last couple of weeks, and the clouds make me think of The Nothing from The Neverending Story.  The lightening flashes and the thunder booms with a loud voice at this altitude.  Sometimes the clouds gather darkly and you can see them coming from miles away,


and sometimes they look like curtains draping over the landscape.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, thanks. Sorry about those fires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid entry. Extra points for the Neverending Story reference. ATREU!!!!

    (don't know why my massive mug is showing up on this post. Maybe it is just me.)

    ReplyDelete